Senior UI/UX Designer
Dootrix is looking for a Senior UX Designer/Design Lead to join our established design team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Dootrix is looking for a Senior UX Designer/Design lead to join our established design team. Day to day you will work as part of a cross-functional team delivering innovative projects to some of the UK’s largest companies and startups. You will have experience in facilitating client meetings, direct design sprints and guide discovery workshops. An eye for quality visual design is key but you should also demonstrate a great understanding of user experience and user-centred design.
- Work with clients and apply proven design processes to explore opportunities for success
- Deliver effective and visually appealing designs
- Produce practical user interactions complemented with animated elements
- Guide the team on design thinking and employ its practices throughout
- Be inquisitive, have good research and observation skills
- Be able to prototype & test possible solutions quickly
- Map user journeys
ADDITIONALLY, YOU SHOULD
- Have the ability to understand a complex process or service and refine into a simple and intuitive experience
- Be able to knit together HI & LO Fidelity designs into an effective, demo-able prototype
- Design compelling experiences for users meeting all their needs and more
- Have a high level of competency with the following tools or similar: Sketch/Principle/Adobe Suite/InVision
- Have a good understanding & interest in front end web apps and mobile interfaces
- Be able to collaborate well with designers and developers
OUR DESIGN VALUES
- We value communication as our most important tool and strive to keep knowledge open and simple
- We form our understanding through the connections we make and learn without the influences of bias
- We always consider the what if, no matter how improbably because in failing we learn what it takes to win
- Being part of this design team will give you the opportunity to have autonomy in your own workflow and develop your knowledge to become an industry expert
Our mission is about helping our clients navigate the digital landscape, empowering them to do the right thing the right way. We are designers, developers, creatives, technologists, strategists but ultimately we are Dooers – we creatively apply best practice thinking to the design and development of applications that drive tangible change for our clients. We’ve always got our eye on the digital horizon, looking to leading-edge technology and the latest innovation to bring our clients ambitions to life.
We’ve had some great success stories with our clients, including delivering design sprints for Siemens, Transport for London & Aaeron, launching mobile apps for P&O, Heathrow Airport and Confused.com and becoming a partner with Microsoft. You’ll be joining our team in Wickham which has been established for the last 9 years.
There are over 25 of us in a converted barn in a rural farm location with a pool table, breakout areas and beautiful surroundings you can enjoy all year round. It is an engaging environment with lots to get involved with including regular lightning talks and dedicated time to explore new tech. It all adds up to a vibrant and rewarding place to work with inclusive and exciting company culture.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A top of the range Macbook for day to day work paired with an external display
- Free Kindle with unlimited books
- Personalised training and development
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- The chance to attend industry conferences
- Cycle to work, Stake Holder Pension Contributions
Become a Doo’er and build great things for incredible people
We work with companies of all stages to help identify and solve problems. At Dootrix, you’ll be involved in every step of the process. You’ll lead and participate in product design sprints, create high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use the latest technologies and are always ready to try new methods on both internal and client projects.
We believe there is always a better way to do our work, and we want to find it and share it with as many people as possible. We maintain an inclusive environment where we can thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work.